Friday, July 1, 2011

Why a Blog?

All of my life, I have spent part of the summer "Up North". When anyone says to find a place in your memories that makes you feel peace, I think of my times at the cottage.
Throughout the years we have enjoyed Crystal Lake, then on to Torch, and our final summer spot on the South Arm of Lake Charlevoix. Ahhh, it all spells "Life is Good".
When the family stayed at Torch Lake, we wrote in a journal to remember the good times.
Religiously, we would write of the births of new babies, trips to the "sandy part", new accomplishments, and sad passings. We started coming to Lake Charlevoix in 2007, after we built a timberframe house...Dad's dream home...and it became mine, too.
We began journaling for a couple of years and then everyone became so busy with our beautiful new grandchildren, that the writing just dried up. I can't let that stop. Especially since I am forgetting more than I can remember! So, this is the reason I have started a blog for the family.
Life on the Lake has BEGUN!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so thrilled for this new adventure! Welcome to the world of blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this new blog very much.

    ReplyDelete